Sunday 24 January 2016

20 Facts About Me

So I thought I should probably start this whole blogging thing off by allowing whoever (if anyone) is reading this to know a bit more about me. Taking the totally generic route, I'm gonna give you 20 facts about me.. enjoy x

1. I've got a big heritage, I'm quarter German, quarter Pakistani, eighth Polish and Russian and one little quarter English! People however often mistake me for Greek or Cypriot, but no I'm just a very weird pic'n'mix of things

2. I used to live in Essex, then when my parents got divorced I moved to Birmingham with my mum, and now I am at the University of Manchester

3. My mum and step-dad are moving to California in the next year or two, Andrew, my step dad, is a math genius so has just accepted a position at the one and only Caltech. Despite this wonderful achievement, I cant help but focus on the holidays that will be coming up haha

4. Anthropology was not my initial choice of university course. I applied to study marketing and management and that was the plan up until results day, when I decided to listen to my friends and family who were telling me that marketing was NOT for me, and changed to anthropology which I am sooo thankful I did!

5. Despite knowing that I am a VERY outgoing person, making friends with almost everyone I meet, I have struggled more then I ever thought I would at university. This is another reason why I wanted to start this blog, not only to explore my fashion, but also because I know that if I had've read something about what university it REALLY like, I perhaps would've made different choices about coming

6. I am currently madly in love with someone who i've been with for over a year now - eek

7. I have a PATHOLOGICAL fear of little holes on a surface, like genuinely cannot look at them or even think about them ughh

8. I love clothes and style and want to explore this passion further in the next couple of years

9. I have quite a few issues with body image and self confidence, probably stemming from a major weight loss and eating problem I had in 2011 - I know it was a long time ago but things like that don't just go away

10. I am OBSESSED with the sun and tanning, I know its bad for me but I always feel so much better about myself when i'm all golden and glowy

11. My mum is 100% my best friend, I would do absolutely anything for her

12. I often get taken advantage of, maybe because sometimes i'm too much of a wimp to stand up for myself (boyfriend is forever telling me off for being like this)

13. I am hoping that in the future I can work with children in some way, possibly through teaching, children protection, or in the police department. I am a very very caring person and extremely maternal, looking after people is something I do very well

14. I am really really bad at telling anyone how I feel unless they force it out of me, regardless of the fact that I hate people who bottle their feelings up, I do this nearly all of the time. I have however got better in the last year

15. I get very easily affected by things, even the smallest of things will have a big impact on me, quite a sensitive person

16. I love music

17. One reason I do love my degree is because I am so intrigued by other cultures, why certain people act the way they do, why some customs are so bizarre in different places

18. I have the curliest most frizzy hair in the world

19. My grandma has been an of an on alcoholic since I was born and it has just made me respect and admire my mum even more through her hardships of dealing with my grandma

20. I really want to keep this blogging stuff up and not give up on it in 2 days time! However I do have an exam tomorrow morning so I need to stop now

Bless up,
Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment